- How and when did you started decorating?
Quite controversial as a lot of decorators will hate me for this! I was at a rough part of my life around 2 years ago and decided to learn a trade. I paid some money for a 3 week decorating course and went on my own from there. I have never worked for another decorator and am 95% self taught apart from videos on YouTube!
- What’s your favourite part of the job?
My favourite part of the job is taking my time and doing things slowly and correctly
- What’s your least favourite part of the job?
I instantly hate it when I am under pressure and rushing.
- Tell us a funny story about a job:
Private job, lady with 5 cats in the house. Wants to keep an eye on us so leaves the door open while we’re working away, completely disregarding the cats causing a nuisance. Anyway, one of the cats jumped in the paint scuttle – hilarious. Paw prints everywhere, the lady was chasing it around the house shouting at it. She finally caught it and put it in the bath.
- If you won the lottery tomorrow, what would be the first 3 things you’d do with the money?
I would buy a house – mortgage free.
I would sort my friends and family out.
I would put the rest in a savings account and decide what I would do with the rest later as I have learned my lesson about spending money on stupid things.
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why?
To be in 12 places at once.
- If you weren’t a decorator, what would you be?
I would have liked to have been a customs officer.
- If you could go back in time and give yourself one piece of advice to make you a better decorator, what would it be?
PRICE BETTER – so I wouldn’t rush to complete all the projects I had going on just to get the cash.
Where to find Jobe:
Thanks again to Jobe for answering my questions. Another great insight shared.
I am looking to talk to as many decorators as possible over the coming months so we can share knowledge and hopefully raise the profile of the industry as a whole.
If you would like to feature in ‘An interview with a decorator’ please contact me on email@example.com , DM me on social media or via the contact page on my website.